The St. Louis Rams lost to the Green Bay Packers 19-7 on Saturday Night in St. Louis. Here are some thoughts on the game.
- Solid night for Sam Bradford. 8-12 for 156 yards. Again, it’s the preseason. However, I look at Sam Bradford and he is just oozing confidence at this point. You get him into a full game and he will make this team better.
- One of the negatives though for Bradford tonight was after hitting Chris Givens for a 57 yard gain, he fumbled the snap at the 1 yard line and the Packers took over. Just a tough break for the Rams.
- Someone in the Rams front office must owe Kellen Clemens a huge favor. 2/11 for 27 yards and 2 interceptions. How is he still the Rams backup is shocking to me. Austin Davis was better going 7/15 for 114 yards and a touchdown. Neither one looks as good as Bradford so him staying healthy is once again paramount to the success of the 2013 St. Louis Rams.
- Tavon Austin finally saw some action tonight. He had 4 catches for 28 yards. Nothing spectacular but it’s good that he was targeted more than once on Saturday.
- Alec Ogletree had 4 solo tackles but no sacks tonight. Will Witherspoon started in place of Dunbar but didn’t record a tackle. The defense was average tonight. Better than what they did in Cleveland last week but not at an elite level just yet. Poor tackling is killing this defense.
- I don’t care if the Rams win a preseason game, only if they get better from week to week. I saw improvement from the defense but the game in Denver next Saturday will be a huge test for the Rams. Peyton Manning will likely play into the 3rd quarter so it will be up to the defense to prove they are up to the challenge. That will be an awesome game to watch.