The St. Louis Rams held their third full-squad training camp workout of the summer on Sunday evening, with an impressive attendance of 2,291 spectators on hand. Once again, it was a non-padded practice, so there wasn’t necessarily a whole lot to take out of everything that went on, but it was a small step on the road to the preseason opener, which is just 12 days away. Here are a few notes from Sunday’s workout.
- The same group of players who have missed the entirety of training camp thus far were out again today. That includes Johnny Millard, Kadeem Jones, Christian Bryant, Ethan Westbrooks, and Sammy Brown. In addition to those five, cornerback Trumaine Johnson, who sustained a hamstring injury yesterday, and offensive lineman Brandon Washington did not participate. Offensive linemen Jake Long and Scott Wells and defensive lineman William Hayes were held out of the team portion of the practice.
- Defensive end Chris Long took some time off to rest on Sunday, and as a result Eugene Sims and Michael Sam got some work in with the first team.
- Rodger Saffold worked at left tackle, swapping spots with Greg Robinson, who moved to left guard after handling the blind side for the previous two days. In what may end up being a daily rotation until Wells starts practicing, Tim Barnes worked with the first team at center, while Barrett Jones practiced with the second team.
- First-rounder Aaron Donald rotated in a bit with the first-team defense today, and he was as dominant as he’s been through the course of the first three days.
- Wide receiver Kenny Britt had another very productive day and continued developing the very positive impression that he’s created over the last few practices.
- Running back Benny Cunningham has gotten a decent amount of work on the first team offense over the past couple days.