The St. Louis Rams defeated the Houston Texans 38-13. Here is a recap of the St. Louis Rams’s victory.
- This was the most fun I have had watching a Rams game in quite some time. This seems like a changing of the guard type of game. The Rams will no longer be the NFL’s punching bag and that role will be taken over by the Houston Texans.
- I said in my game preview on Friday that this was a must win game. The Rams must have felt the same way. The Rams didn’t have to do much in this game but they took advantage of the 4 turnovers that the Texans created. 2 of the turnovers led directly to touchdowns. That’s making a team pay for turning over the ball.
- The Rams defense aren’t going to mistaken for the 1970′s Steel Curtain. However, they would bend to the Texans but they wouldn’t break. The Texans gained 427 yards of offense yet only mustered 13 points. That’s getting the job done.
- The Rams found a running back. Zac Stacy ran the ball 18 times for 79 yards. Sure, he wasn’t Adrian Peterson out there but he was efficient.
- Speaking of efficiency. Sam Bradford threw 3 touchdown passes and only 4 incompletions. That’s spectacular.
- The Rams will now go to Charlotte to play the Carolina Panthers. The Seahawks will be waiting for them as they play on Thursday night this week against the Arizona Cardinals. The Panthers just beat up the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday so Cam Newton and the Panthers are going to be pumped up for this game. Should be an exciting game.