The St. Louis Rams were looking for some Super Bowl 34 magic against the Tennessee Titans at the Edward Jones Dome on Sunday. Unfortunately, the Rams came up short losing 28-21 to the Titans. Here are some of my thoughts.
– It’s time to put a fork in the rest of the 2013 football season for the Rams. The outlook was bleak when Bradford went down against the Carolina Panthers but now it’s official. Disappointing to say the least.
– Kellen Clemens has impressed me coming into what seemed like a no win situation but you have to protect the ball better than what he did at the end of the game. The defense wasn’t prepared for the Chris Johnson stretch play that lead to the touchdown that was the difference in the game.
– Zac Stacy is the future for the Rams at running back. 27 carries for 127 yards and 2 touchdowns. Outstanding find by the Rams staff to get a 5th round gem.
– Tavon Austin, that punt return at the end of the game was something special. If only he would have not stepped out of bounds. He will take one to the house at some point this season.
– Okay, it’s time to have a talk with Rams fans. Those that read this blog, this doesn’t pertain directly to you but the franchise is in jeopardy. With a stadium capacity of 66, 000, the announced attendance was 54, 617. That’s pathetic. It’s up to the diehard Rams fans to take ownership of this team and try to get fans to the game. 83% capacity isn’t going to excite the NFL. With the NFL pushing hard to have teams in Los Angeles and London, you are just asking for this team to leave St. Louis. I can’t do that anymore, you can’t do that anymore. The heartbreak of losing another NFL team will just be embarrassing. If the Rams leave St. Louis, the city will never get another NFL team again. You don’t lose a team twice and get another franchise.
Contact Chris Flanagan at [email protected]