The St. Louis Rams lost to the Seattle Seahawks 14-9 on Monday Night Football. Here is some of my thoughts on the disappointing loss.
– Before we get into the game, I just want to point out I predicted the Rams to win by 1 point on Saturday. And if you go down to the comments, I apparently made some Seattle Seahawks fans very upset who responded in the comments (see link above). Well I was only 1 yard away from my prediction being dead on. Just tooting my horn on that pick.
Now onto the game.
– Reviewing the 3 keys I specified in my “3 Keys and a Prediction” segment above, I got 1 out of the 3 right. The Rams did get pressure on Russell Wilson which caused him to have a below average game. The only play he made was to Golden Tate on that 80 yard pass play. Despite that play, Wilson only had 59 yards passing.
– The Rams left a lot on the field. Greg Zuerlein missing that 50 yard field goal was huge. The Rams could have won the game if he hit that field goal. Now I will give Legatron a break since I couldn’t kick a 20 yard field goal but that was a tough pill to swallow.
– The other 2 keys of the game I got wrong was that the Rams needed to be +2 in turnovers and get the ball to Tavon Austin. The Rams only targeted Austin 3 times and he caught 2 passes for 9 yards. He did have a negative play on one of his catches but his 12 yard catch on that final drive was crucial.
– I agree with the fade call at the end of the game, it was a better call by Seattle to blitz.
– Rams fans should be happy about this team’s performance on Monday night. They didn’t give in to the Seahawks when it would have been easy to just throw in the towel. The Rams didn’t. The Rams will play the Tennessee Titans next Sunday and if they play like they did tonight, they can beat the Titans.
Contact Chris Flanagan at [email protected]