- The Cardinals knew that they didn’t want to go back to Boston. I knew they didn’t want to go back to Boston. After Sunday night’s game, the goal was get to Boston with a 3-2 lead. They didn’t do either one of those things. Now if they want to win the World Series, they will have to do it in 7 games.
- Michael Wacha will have to be dominant again to have a chance. Then if the Cardinals win Game 6, that will bring an interesting dilemma for the Cardinals. Joe Kelly would be in line to be the starter for Game 7. However, it would be the final game of the season. Wouldn’t you want the other rookie phenom Shelby Miller pitching? Mike Matheny has barely used Miller. I think Matheny will stick with Kelly but he might want to pitch Shelby at Fenway.
- David Ortiz. I have to say, that man is a freak. He has gone 11 of 15 in the World Series and had a streak of 9 plate appearances of getting on base. Wow. Just an outstanding hitter and regardless of who wins the series will be named World Series MVP.
- Matt Holliday has been outstanding for the Cardinals. Another big hit from Holliday. Unfortunately, no one else on the Cardinals can put together a big hit in the World Series. David Freese has been a massive disappointment in this World Series.
- It’s not over until it’s over. I understand the anxiety of Cardinals fans having to win 2 straight at Fenway park. It is doable. If the Cardinals can pull off the unthinkable, this could be a better story than the 2011 World Series. Just a thought.
Contact Chris Flanagan at [email protected]