- The referees had no control in this game. I don’t think Chris Long deserved to be ejected from the game for doing something that a Carolina Panther lineman did later in the game and didn’t even get a penalty. The inconsistency of the calls the referees made just infuriated me.
- No matter how bad the referees were, the Rams shot themselves in the foot on numerous occasions. Captain Munnerlyn‘s pick 6 to begin the game, the Jake Long tripping penalty that negated a Tavon Austin touchdown and the touchdown catch that Brian Quick dropped in the endzone killed this team. After that Brian Quick drop, all hope was gone.
- Sam Bradford had a nice game and it’s unfortunate that he went down with the injury late in the game. I understand Harvey Dahl‘s frustration with the play but it was clean and Bradford just got caught in the ground. Those plays happen in the game. Harvey Dahl going after Mike Mitchell after the next play was really dumb.
- Tavon Austin had a breakout game today. His official statistics won’t wow you but I saw a wide receiver that was confident in his ability to be a game changer.
- The Rams are now 3-4. They will host the Seattle Seahawks on Monday night next week. This might be the final Monday night football that St. Louis will host in a long time if the Rams do move from St. Louis. This is a huge game for a number of reasons but the biggest reason this is a big game is a win and a good showing from Rams fans will show to a national audience that St. Louis is can be a baseball and a football town.
Contact Chris Flanagan at [email protected]