October 14, 2013; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Los Angeles Dodgers right fielder Puig (66) reacts after he hits an RBI triple in the fourth inning against the St. Louis Cardinals in game three of the National League Championship Series baseball game at Dodger Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Richard Mackson-USA TODAY Sports
The St. Louis Cardinals lost to the Los Angeles Dodgers 3-0 on Monday night. Here are my thoughts:
- The Cardinals need to get some offense. Anything would do at this point. If the Cardinals aren’t going to start hitting, they will lose this series.
- Adam Wainwright had an outstanding night pitching. 1 big hit by Yasiel Puig was the difference in the game. Unfortunately, Wainwright couldn’t get the run support needed to win the game.
- Mike Matheny needs to switch up the lineup. I don’t know what he could do to create offense because no one is hitting but if he doesn’t figure this out soon, the Cardinals will be cleaning out their lockers at the end of the week.
- The top of the 5th inning was the best chance to take the game from the Dodgers. Baserunners on 1st and 2nd base and no outs. Instead, Jon Jay hit a decent fly ball to Carl Crawford but he was able to make the catch. Daniel Descalso made a mental mistake and didn’t stay close to second base. Double play with Matt Adams on 1st base. The game was over at that point.
- Lance Lynn must pitch the game of his life tomorrow. Mike Matheny is taking a huge risk starting Lance Lynn over Shelby Miller in Game 4. Lynn better find a way to get the job done.
Raised in a sports family, Chris loves all sports including Hockey and Soccer. He is married and has a 4 year old son named Clayton. Chris loves to travel and spend time with family. Chris has focused his career on covering professional and collegiate sports around the Midwest and Southwest region. Follow him on Twitter @ChrisFlanaganUT.